Permits & Inspections

The Building Division of Troup County’s Building, Planning, and Zoning Department is responsible for issuing various building permits for new residential & new commercial construction, structural repairs & alterations, additions & renovations to existing structures, accessory & storage buildings, garages & carports, telecommunication towers, swimming pools, driveway construction, and State of Georgia required erosion & sediment control plans.

The Building Division also conducts inspections related to the proper construction and maintenance of buildings in Troup County. These inspections help insure the safety, health, and general welfare of Troup County citizens by enforcing the State of Georgia mandated Standard Building Codes in relation to building construction, fire prevention, general site work, housing, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, manufactured homes, swimming pools, development & design standards, building setback requirements, proper zoning standards, and flood plain regulations.

For more information on “Buildings, Construction, and Related Activities”, Click Here, for Chapter 18 of the Troup County Code of Ordinances.

The following permits and/or applications are available for your convenience. If you have any questions about these forms or the application process, please call +706 883 1650 for more information.

Permitting - What Work Requires a Building Permit?

Commercial Building Permit (Steps & Procedures)

Residential Building Permit (Steps & Procedures)

Building Permit Application Form

Homeowner Affidavit

Required Building Inspections

Troup County Building Permit Fee Schedule

Troup County Community Development Fee Schedule

Fire Marshal Life Safety Review Fee Schedule

Driveway / Land Disturbing Permit Application Form

The following links are available for your convenience and may assist you with your building construction project.

Call Before You Dig!!!

Georgia Department of Community Affairs (DCA) – Current Mandatory Minimum Standard Building Codes & Amendments

International Code Council (ICC)

FEMA Flood Map Service Center

Troup County Property Records Information